Paul C. du Vair
Senior Managing Director
(630) 508-1538 | email@example.com
Paul du Vair has over 25 years of experience in providing valuation services. His industry experience includes consumer and industrial products, aerospace, technology, retail, professional services and other industries. Mr. du Vair’s expertise includes the valuation of business equity, partnership interests, intangible assets and other corporate assets and liabilities for public and private clients with valuation issues related to acquisitions/divestitures, bankruptcy, joint ventures, phantom stocks, IPOs, shareholder disputes, tax and estate planning, financial reporting and strategic planning.
Mr. du Vair has been primarily responsible for relationship development and senior project leadership on complex valuations ranging in size from $5 million to greater than $25 billion. His representative engagements include the following:
- Served as a key transaction advisor to a Fortune 500 client’s business development team on over ten industrial products/aviation parts industry transactions ranging in value from $5 million to $3 billion. Work included pre-deal due diligence to determine purchase price, preliminary earnings accretion/dilution analysis for board approval and post-deal ASC 805 and ASC 360 work.
- Retained by counsel to determine the value of a $3 billion privately-held food and beverage company (including holding company minority investment interests in marketable securities and numerous partnerships) for estate planning purposes.
- Engaged by two multinational companies to evaluate the products, markets, structure and the relative equity values of a proposed $5 billion international joint venture.
- Retained by counsel as an expert to perform a valuation of a company for a shareholder valuation dispute.
- Hired to assist management of a Fortune 500 aerospace company in their implementation of ASC 350 goodwill impairment testing. Work included enterprise valuations of all reporting units, resulting in a goodwill write off in excess of $2 billion. Also performed numerous valuations for tax planning and restructuring purposes.
Mr. du Vair’s previous work experience includes Mesirow Financial Consulting where he co-led the national valuation practice. Prior to Mesirow, Mr. du Vair worked at Standard & Poor’s (and its predecessor, the PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Valuation Services group) where he served as a leader of S&P’s industry initiative for consumer products. In addition, he was the CFO for a telecommunications business unit, where he was responsible for preparing business plans and navigating the IPO process.
M.B.A., Finance and Accounting, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
B.B.A., Finance and Psychology, Magna Cum Laude, University of Notre Dame
Certification in Distressed Business Valuation
Advisory Board Member, VALCON
Member, Appraisal Issues Task Force (“AITF”)
Member, Business Valuation Association
Member, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors